Thursday 20 September 2012

I feel like a child. In a bad way.


I just tried to convince my friend to stop resisting food like she is. She's hungry and there's leftover pizza but she's avoiding it. I told her she isn't to follow my example, that I wouldn't let her, and she laughed at me and said, "Won't let me? Do you plan to come into my room and tie me up? Sorry, it's just the way you said 'won't let' me. I have an excuse for this. I'm 90 kilos"
"Following my example will only end in you developing an eating disorder, and you're probably fucking borderline as it is!"
Another laugh. "What?"
"If you make one more fucking comment about your weight..."
"Well it's true!"
"I don't care! Just because I'm stuck in this doesn't mean you have to be."
Her only response was to look at me kind of strangely, almost pityingly too.

I feel like a child, like I'm being patronised and laughed at for saying something silly, but I'm genuinely worried. She's had days where she skips dinner because she can't face logging it on myfitnesspal. Not in ages but still. I don't want to make this seem bigger than it is but I'm concerned and pissed off because I hate being laughed at. I'm really triggered as well :/ She apologised, and I think she meant it (for depressing me at least) but I don't think this is going to change...help, I really don't want her to follow me, I'm a bad bad example.

No comments:

Post a Comment